Updated: Jul 2, 2021
Philanthropitch is a social impact fast pitch competition that provides capital and exposure for local nonprofits tackling some of our communities’ toughest problems. Through their unique fundraising model, nonprofits have an opportunity to break out of the cycle of traditional philanthropy, and pursue ambitious opportunities for impact.
These 7 nonprofits will pitch at Philanthropitch Columbus presented by American Electric Power Foundation on May 18, 2021!
This group of nonprofits was chosen for their innovative ideas and potential to create a lasting impact on the Columbus community:
· Franklinton Farms mission is to grow and share food, create beauty, and build community
· Maroon Arts Group is a collective of creatives who provide a platform for conscious art centered around the preservation and promotion of cultures of African descent
· Adaptive Sports Connection helps people of all abilities experience the health benefits, freedom, and sense of belonging from recreation and outdoor experiences
· A Kid Again provides Hope, Happiness and Healing in the lives of families raising a child with a life-threatening condition
· Franklinton Cycle Works empowers people to overcome transportation barriers and achieve wellness through equitable access to bicycles
· The Soar Initiative works to prevent overdoses and save lives through harm reduction
· We Amplify Voices’s mission is to empower and amplify underrepresented voices through songwriting, and to create safe spaces for people
Over the next 8 weeks, Philanthropitch will work closely with these organizations through hands-on training and 1:1 coaching sessions to help them prepare their pitch, and develop a business model that will sustain long after the 2021 Philanthropitch season.
For more information go to: https://www.philanthropitch.org/blog/columbus2021-finalists?utm_source=facebookpaid&utm_medium=social